Q. What are Lightroom presets?
A. Probably the easiest way to explain Adobe Lightroom Presets is that they are preset editing settings. When you’re using Lightroom to edit your photographs.
Presets are photo filters that can be applied to your photos to give your photos a beautiful, signature look! Instead of trying to sort out all the different color and lighting settings on your own, My presets allow you to quickly apply My signature settings like color saturation, brightness, and contrast… to your photos for beautiful look in one click! (preset–it’s pre-set)
No experience? No problem! Take your photos, blog, and Instagram to the next level. Presets are an easy, one click solution as they allow you to quickly edit your photos within seconds, on the go, using only your phone (or computer).
Q. What version is compatible with my presets
A. Lightroom Classic version 7.3 or later and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)?
Adobe photoshop version 10.3 or newer.
Q. Installing presets in Lightroom Classic (version 7.3 or later)
The instructions are for the latest versions of Adobe Lightroom Classic, released since mid-2018 and using the XMP preset format. You need to have version 7.3 or later.
- Do not Extract the ZIP file with the presets that you downloaded from almotuts.com. We are going to install it like it is
- Open Lightroom Classic then you will be in the Library module when the program is first opened. Add your images or at least one image
After that move to the Develop module you will see the modules listed at the top, right.
- On the left you will see a section called Presets. You will see that there are already some basic presets listed. These come bundled with Lightroom.
- Click on the + icon at the top right of the section.
- Select Import Presets from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the folder ‘Lightroom and Lightroom Classic since Apr 2018 (.XMP)’, select the presets ZIP file(s) and click Import. → Selecting the ZIP file(s) is the preferred import method here, because it preserves the folder structure of the archive.
- Your presets will now be listed in the Presets section.
Note: If you have already installed your presets into the current subscription-based Lightroom Classic, they should now be available in Photoshop’s Adobe Camera Raw as well. No need to install into each program individually.
Even if your collection does not offer auto-installation, installing XMP presets into ACR is easier and faster than ever!
- Download your presets in XMP format. These will download as a .zip file. (Do NOT unzip)
- Launch Photoshop and open an image. (This image can be in JPEG or RAW format)
- From the top menu, select “Filter” > “Camera Raw Filter…” to launch Camera Raw
- From the Camera Raw window, you can locate the “Presets” tab from the right toolbar. This appears as two overlapping circles
- From the Presets tab, open the “…” menu and select “Import Profiles & Presets…”
- Select the entire .zip file(s) you downloaded (containing the XMP format presets) and select “Open” to import. Once populated, they should appear in their organized folders underneath that “Presets” header.
- To Use Your New Presets: Simply expand the newly imported presets folder (via the little arrow to the left), select a preset or hover over to view multiple options, and click to apply your desired edit. Click “OK” at the bottom of your Camera Raw window to continue editing your image in Photoshop.
If you are at all confused by these quick installation steps, you can follow the traditional manual installation outlined
Q. Do you have presets that will work in Lightroom older than version 7.3?
A. No, I have only .xmp files that work only with the version 7.3 and later
Q. Are all of your downloads instant?
A. Yes, all of our downloads are instant. They are available after payment is complete
Q. After I purchase my preset collection, How do I choose which preset to use?
All of our preset collections include more than 1 preset so we recommend that you try all of the presets that come in the collection. Each are slightly different, but go well with each other to maintain the same style so you will have a cohesive look.